Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Week 2 Day 2

Sooooo yesterday started with a whole new batch butterflies, of course. Week 2. Have to be on my game. Be ready. Review cardiac rhythms. I'm feeling alright as I go in yesterday.  Literally 20 minutes into my morning, my CI becomes seriously ill, and leaves. Wooooo... curveball. Ashley gets assigned to a new PT.. different floors, different cases, different type of education style. Cue n/v...
It ended up working out. The PT I was assigned to was a difficult woman to read at first, and I was highly intimidated. Eventually we got into a groove and I ended up doing evals, screening patients, treating patients, seeing all kinds of people, and actually getting used to documentation. Not to say it is better than being in the ICU--- it's just different. I felt way more comfortable being around patients with less complications, less lines, and less scary beeping noises (that I legitimately hear in my sleep).
In the past 2 days I have actually gotten to see some interesting things. Gun shot wounds, infections, de conditioning, cancer...learning about all if these conditions and different patients and different presentations was really helpful. I do feel prepared to return to the ICU and *HOPEFULLY* be prepared to handle some more complex things on my own.
In other news, I walked/jogged/full sprinted to my car from the hospital in the pouring rain/thunderstorm.  Which is like... 4 streets away. SWEEEET. OH, and I wore my new glasses today to break them in... genius idea. I also had to be legitimately fearful of getting struck by lightening because that HAPPENS here. In fact.. when I got home the news was on, showing how 6 people @ Sea World were struck in that storm.... OY. AND my car was on the 7th level parking garage.
It worked out well. I made it, changed out of SOPPING wet scrubs. Ate bread and chicken and beer. I'm on movie #2.
I am spending lots of time with my two roommates... I hope they don't get sick of me/think I'm annoying. I don't get that impression but I still feel like I'm walking on some eggshells. EEK. My own way of thinking though because I'm craycrayyy. Anyyyyyyywho. I'm outta here. Day 3 week 2 tomorrow. LITERALLY have no idea if I'm going to be with my CI or not. Who knows. Weeeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment